Saturday, May 16, 2009

Introducing to you.... (A &B)










So, here we are world. Greetings and how the hell are you? You look fabulous, BTW. Did you lose weight? So, I suppose I should introduce us...."US" being the A and B of "A& B Conversations". Okay, so I'm Alison and my blogging partner in crime is none other than the lovely Brigitte. Now, if you put two and two together, you'll notice that the first initials of our names start with "A" and "B". See how freakin' cutting-edge and clever we are already? It can only go up from here, chicas. Okay, okay. So, I'm not sure I'm feeling our blog name like talkin' 'bout it, but we needed something to get writing/blogging party poppin' and "A & B Conversations" is what we got. For now.....
So, now you know our names...but who the eff are we and why are we blogging? Right. Hmmmm. Well, we're two sistah-friends (i.e. "black chicks") who met and bonded and found ourselves supporting each other and nuturing each others dreams at a critical point in our "journeys" (Ha, I'm sounding like more like "B", who is an energy healer, by the way (http://brigittetaylor.com/about-2/). Me? I'm a freelance writer (I write for an online magazine for women of color, called CLUTCH) http://clutchmagonline.com/lifeculture/feature/the-upside-of-broke/and I work at a non-profit organization by day. It's odd, because we're not really alike (A&B, that is) in our ambitions, but we are strangely alike in our almost spazzy elation about life and its possibilities. We feed each others dreams. And that loving, sister-support is magic....it has actually started to make our dreams happen! It's crazy. I'll just speak for myself ("A") here, but a big part of me wanted to make a lie of the myth that women, especially black women, don't support each other. I know in my heart that B has "got"me, that if I turn to her for comfort she would not turn me away, that she would never intentionally do me harm, that she cheers for me at every little triumph I have in life. And my total faith in her genuine sister-love, is helping me to soar. I can talk to anything with Brigitte, and in the days and months to come....I will. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. hey allison, thanks for stopping by my blog. that really means a lot to me. when you get a chance, please read my post entitled "kiss from a rose". it ties into your piece on clutch. much success on your blog. i look forward to adding it to my must-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha!

    Will do, sis. Asante for reaching back out and touching our blog, too. Mwah! A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace Queens ^_^

    This is beautiful, and inspiring,
    Queen Alison.
    I'll be tuning in.

    Props also on the energy-healing, Lady Taylor, people need not sleep on the wonders of Reiki, or any other pranic healing modalities.

    Shine bright
    -PZ

    ReplyDelete